DR GOH KENG SWEE (GKS) SCHOLARSHIP
NATURE AND OBJECTIVE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private scholarship set up by the Singapore financial community, and is administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore. Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from the Asia-Pacific regions to pursue undergraduate studies in Singapore Universities.
COURSE OF STUDY
The Scholarship is tenable for undergraduate studies in Singapore commencing in July/Aug each year. The course of study should preferably be relevant to the financial sector.
The Scholarship is highly selective. Applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
1. Concurrently apply for admission to the Singapore universities for theircourse of study. Please adhere to the respective university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
2. Demonstrate leadership qualities and have good co-curricular activities records;
3. Be a citizen/passport holder of selected Asia-Pacific regions1
4. Make private arrangements to sit for pre-admission tests such as SAT, TOEFL, GRE or GMAT; and
5. Preferably be below 25 years of age
DURATION & TERMS OF AWARD
The scholarship will cover the duration required for completing the undergraduate course (3-4 years). The scholarship will provide the following:
* Tuition and other compulsory fees
* Return economy air passage to and from home country; and
* Annual maintenance allowance
The award will be reviewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and academic results.
The selected Asia Pacific regions are Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, india, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
DR GOH KENG SWEE (GKS) SCHOLARSHIP BOND
Successful candidates will be required to work for three years upon completion of their studies either in:
(a) An approved company in Singapore; or
(b) An approved Singapore-based company ¡n their home country.
The deployment of scholars to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund.
Please note that all completed application forms should be sent to:
The Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Fund
c/o Singapore Trade Office in Taipei
91h Floor, No. 85 Jen Ai Road
Section 4, Taipei
OR the Singapore Public Service Commission not later than 31 December 2008.
DR GOH KENG SWEE (GKS) SCHOLARSHIP DATES OF APPLICATION
Applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application by May 2009.
Please feel free to contact the following officers should you have further enquiries:
Mrs Lim Ai Kheng Ms Evelyn Susan Lek
Contact No:65 - 63324142 Contact No: 65 - 63324204
Email : lim ai firstname.lastname@example.org Email: evelvn susan email@example.com,sq
Alternatively, you may also visit the PSC Website (http://www.psc.qov.sq)